Saturday, January 5, 2013

Happy New Year!

Hello, I'm back! Hope you all had a wonderful holiday and New Year! I know I did!

.
21 days after our 4 year anniversary and 4 days before I left for Christmas in Denver, Alex asked me to marry him! I was not expecting him to propose (even though we've been talking about it for a while) but it was definitely an awesome surprise! And great timing too because as Alex put it, he could not send me all the way to my grandma's house without a ring! Almost every Sunday for the past year or so, Bubba would ask me when we were getting engaged and all I could say was, "Ask Alex!"
Needless to say, Bubba and the rest of my family were incredibly happy for us. During my vacation, Bubba kept saying, "See! I yipped at you on Sunday and Alex proposed a week later!" So thank you Bubba, for inspiring Alex to propose. :)
Alex's family was on a whole other level of excitement about the news! We went to his grandparents' house for his family's Christmas celebration after I came back from Denver. As we pulled up the drive way, Alex's whole family came rushing out of the house with a video camera singing "Here Comes the Bride" and greeted us with hugs, kisses and congratulations. It was really awesome and such a great way to be welcomed into the family. 

Anywho, getting engaged: a great way to end a year that started out super crappy.
I have a lot to be thankful for in 2012. I got out of a job that wasn't fulfilling, interned for an architect, got hired as a designer for an interior designer/general contractor and got engaged to my very best friend. I'm really excited for what 2013 has in store for us. On to the wedding planning!!!

No comments: