I may be 20 days late, but I was on my Myspace account (what's that?!?!) and found a blog post for the 2008 awards and decided it's something I should do each year to remember the highs and lows. So. Direct to you, courtesy of old myspace posts, I present to you: The 2012 awards.
1. Drinking Buddy of the Year: Alex. We spend most of our time together so it's only natural that we mix in a few drinks here and there. har-har-har
2. Lifetime Service Award (longest friend): Well the lifetime award would have to go to my bff Marie. We've known each other since Kindergarten and still hang out.
3. New Comer Award: My newest friend of 2012 would have to be my new co-worker Kati. She's super sweet and very good at her job. Definitely someone I look forward to working with more and learning from.
4. High Point of the year Award: When Alex proposed. D'aw! I've always known that we would be together forever. It's nice that he finally put a ring on it though... lol
5. Low Point of the year Award: Losing my job back in January right before my birthday. Didn't think 2012 would amount to much at that point.
6. Best Holiday of the year: New Years Eve. I was actually home for once and was able to spend it with great friends and family.
7. Favorite Song for 2012: I'm going to say Scream and Shout by Will.I.Am feat. Britney Spears because I can't get enough of British Britney and Alex gets soooo annoyed when I sing it to him.
But if we are going to do a serious song... I'll go with Tegan and Sara's Closer. I can't wait for the 29th when their new album comes out!
8. Favorite Movie for 2012: I loved Looper, The Avengers, Ted, Hunger Games.... and uh... many more? lol
9. Restaurant of the Year: Probably Boudin Bakery because I went there twice in 2012. The first time was the weekend before I lost my job and the second time was the day Alex proposed.
10. Game of the Year: If we're talking board games, I'll go with Settlers of Catan. Yo, you got sum wheat?
11. Best Decision Made This Year: Applying for another job. I'm heading in the right direction now.
12. Plans for 2013: Gettin' hitched and having a great time planning it with Alex.
13. Stupidest Idea When Drunk Award: Making a podcast called "Let's Get Drunk and Play with Your Mic!"
14. TV Show of the Year: The X-Files. Never got into it as a child because, well... it was terrifying! But now I love Scully and Mulder.
15. Biggest Change of the Year Award: Goes to my relationship status and job title
16. New Year Resolution: Grow into a more mature version of myself by way of clothing and attitude. Be better than last year, take more photos and keep learning.
17. Most Memorable Moment of 2012: Well getting engaged (obviously!) but I'll add in: going to the Drink and Drag on Fremont Street in Vegas, my friend winning $100 at the slots, going to my very first client meeting, and moving back into my parents house for three weeks while switching apartments.
Thanks for reading and thank you 2012 for being so delightful.