Wednesday, June 11, 2008

long time, no see....

man.... its been a while, eh?

yea.... i've been a pretty busy girl despite my "loner" tendencies. I've been back in the states for about two months now. Actually, its exactly two months tomorrow (happy anniversary to me!).
On to the updates:

I got a job with at my dad's work. Basically what happened was, I kept putting off the job search until my dad finally came to me and said, "Want a drafting job at Nova?" (thats where he works)
"Ok..." I said and the rest is history.
My title is "Engineering Intern" which is hilarious because I don't know ANYTHING about engineering. Basically what I do all day long is detail and draft odds and ends of different jobs the company has going on. So far I've "designed" handrails, hose racks, hose valve supports, and emergency fuel stop sign, grating for a pit, and some other things that I can't remember right now.
I guess its a pretty sweet gig. I get to make hella bank working 40 hours a week, I get off work by 5 and weekends off. Everyone is really nice but I gotta say, working 40 hours a week is hard. I've worked full time for the past two summers but in retail jobs. I guess I just don't like sitting in front of a computer for 8 hours a day... I dont know how I'm going to survive a career job once I graduate college.

Thats all for now...cuz thats all I've got going on in my life at the moment. I never thought I'd say this, but I'm excited for summer to be over.... I miss Fresno. (Whoa, never thought I'd say that either)

anyway, peace out and I'll try blogging more.

No comments: